Caribbean reef squid. Spotted eagle ray. Two baby hawksbill turtles. Flamingo tongue. Lionfish. 43F. 59M. 29586.
Web burrfish. Tigertail sea cucumber. 43F. 63M. 29527.
Haller Deep to Jolly Roger to El Aquario to Lighthouse drift. Baby hawksbill turtle. Mutton snapper eating small fish, most likely a sharpnose pufferfish. Moon jelly with four juvenile fish hiding in its protection. José was our captain. 112F. 56M. 29464.
Lighthouse to Moonlight to Lighthouse. Trunkfish. Flamingo tongue. Flounder. Porcupinefish. Creole wrasse. Nelson was our captain. 58F. 56M. 29408.
549. Dennis's Dropoff. Three hawksbill turtles including one tagged turtle. Soapfish. Stingray in the deep. Swimming green moray. Nelson was our captain.
548. Texas. Barracuda. Stingray. Queen angelfish. Sargassum triggerfish. Creole wrasse. Dive buddy surfaced without me, then used my marker as a flotation device, which prevented me from signaling the boat. Then he claimed to have been a diver in the special forces. Yet we lasted less than 30 minutes and he ignored basic safety protocols. 78F. 29M. 29352.
547. Canyon Reef with Andy and his cousin and her friends. Green moray. Caribbean reef squid. Dark mantis. Lettuce sea slugs. 61F. 52M. 29323.
546. Moonlight to Lighthouse to Moonlight. Flamingo tongue. Horse-eyed jacks off the wall. Queen angelfish. Moon jelly with juvenile fish using the jellyfish as protection. 93F. 53M. 29271.
545. Fish Den. Swimming green moray. Burrfish. Hawksbill sea turtle. Lettuce sea slug. 82F. 52M. 29218.
544. West End Wall. Cero. Porcupinefish. Trevally. Creole wrasse. Beautiful soft coral. 66F. 60M. 29166.
543. Blue Channel. Green moray. Spotted moray. Flounder. Drumfish. School of silversides. Tigertail sea cucumber. Sailfin blenny. Orange-sided goby. We started the dive at the inside mooring, in the sand, but visibility was low so we didn't stick around there for long. But we did explore enough to then enter the channel from the north as opposed to the east. 32F. 64M. 29106.
542. Mandy's Eel Garden. Spotted eagle ray. Queen angelfish. Flouder. Blue parrotfish. Rainbow parrotfish. 122F. 56M. 29042.
541. Seaquest. Green sea turtle with sharksuckers. Baby hawksbill turtle. Queen triggerfish. Ocean triggerfish. School of horse-eyed jacks. Stingray. Two trunkfish. 56F. 61M. 28986.
540. Gibson Bight. Diamond pipefish. Four hawksbill sea turtles. One swimming green moray. Stingray. Lobsters. 80F. 53M. 28925.
539. Hole in the Wall. Black-spotted nudibranch. Flamingo tongues. Lettuce sea slug. Bearded fireworm. Swimthroughs and cave. Green moray before dropping down into the hole. 122F. 63M. 28872.
538. Hole in the Wall. Night dive. First night dive for HH. She found a baby octopus and later we saw another octopus. Spiny lobster. Some mild bioluminescence. 30F. 54M. 28809.
537. Three Brothers. Two green sea turtles. Green moray. Yellow-headed jawfish. Queen angelfish. Permit. Ocean triggerfish. 49F. 62M. 28755.
536. Green Outhouse to Overheat. Two green sea turtles and one hawksbill. Frogfish. Bearded fireworm. Ocean triggerfish. Ran into Alex underwater. 78F. 59M. 28693.
535. Melissa's Reef. Trunkfish. Lionfish hunters who shouldn't have had spears and who floundered around the reef. 82F. 57M. 28634.
534. El Aquario to Lighthouse drift. My first dive back was the same as my final dive in December before leaving the island. An unusual profile that has you drifting across the boat channel. Not ideal for unfamiliar divers. Barracuda. Cero. Orange-spotted filefish. Flamingo tongue. Dark mantis. Ocean triggerfish. Queen angelfish. Horse-eyed jacks. Lionfish. Permit. Cryptic teardrop crab. Donkey dung sea cucumber. 59F. 58M. 28577.